Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Hit My Goal Weight!!!!


I did it! I hit my goal weight. I am 148, and it has not even been a year yet. I went from a size 22W and now I can wear a size 8/10. I would have never guessed it would ever happen! I am still amazed. I was even asked to model in a fashion show last week. I got to see many people that I have not seen in awhile, and I love their shocked expressions. Everybody always asks "do you have energy?" and "have you had any problems?" The answers are I have had more energy than I have ever had in my entire life, and no major problems. Occasionally, I eat something that does not agree with me and I get sick. But, as long as I avoid "stringy" foods, I do well. Also, eating too much causes problems. But, that does not happen too often. It does not take too many times to learn a lesson on that one. I eat basically anything I want to eat. Just not very much of it. I feel like my metabolism is in full burn mode. I am not exercising at all, other than my daily life routines. No treadmill for me! The health benefits have been awesome. Besides the energy level, I have no high BP, no high sugar, no sleep apnea, my asthma is better, less allergies, improved complexion, and less back pain. The mental aspects are great too! I feel better as a mom and I feel like I can do my job as a Probation Officer.

Would I do it again??? A million times YES! I just wish I had done it years ago. I always said that I would not let myself be fat by the time I reached 30, and that did not happen. So, I just moved it forward a decade. I will be 40 in a couple of weeks and I am proud to say that I feel healthy and I look like a normal person. There was risk and some pain involved, but I feel like it was totally worth it. It might not be the answer for everybody, but it was just the ticket to freedom for me!

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I am very proud of you!! I know the struggles with weight...so I truly applaud you and your accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate the support! :)

    ReplyDelete