Monday, January 17, 2011

138!!!

Well, it's been awhile.  Had to get thru the holidays and things are finally calming down a bit.  To my amazement, I am still loosing some weight.  I am now down to a number that I never thought, in my wildest dreams, I would get to...the 130's.  I did take the stomach flu back in December and was very sick for 2.5 weeks.  I found it very hard to bounce back from that sickness.  I think that was partially due to my inability to have large intakes of fluids and protein.  I also think I was a little bit run down to start with, as I was not taking as good of care of myself as I had been by making sure that I took my vitamins daily.  But now, I am back on track!  I am basically eating whatever I want to eat when I want it.  I just simply don't have a desire for the kind of foods that I had before surgery like chocolates and sweets.  I also loved starchy foods, but now they tend to cause me pain so I just avoid them...they are not worth the trouble and I really don't feel like I am missing out on them.  I do still have some trouble digesting "stringy" foods such as BBQ and chicken.  I do find myself wanting to try new foods and enjoying most of them.  I really like nuts, corn, and salads.  If you have never tried out thepioneerwoman.com you gotta try it.  Just click on the Tasty Kitchen tab and you will never again need a recipe book.  I have tried many new dishes off there. 
I am now wearing a size 8-10 and a medium top.  My foot even shrunk 1/2 size.  I feel great and I feel like a woman set free from my fat prison!

No comments:

Post a Comment